Monday, May 5, 2008

Success!

Well, it finally happened: Work in Progress occurred last Thursday and was a resounding success. Everything ran smoothly; the students interacted in a way that was sensitive, meaningful, and focused; the chaperones enjoyed a productive and relaxing day; the workshop presenters did a fabulous job; everyone went home happy. I received a *ton* of positive feedback from students, chaperones, and facilitators. It looks like we might have to do this again next year. (Count me in.) :)

For more information about the day, check out my creative writing blog (the one I keep for my students), where the event was "live blogged" throughout the day: www.msstroutscw.blogspot.com. (Incidentally, I was hoping for more posts, but time was in short supply.)

My next major undertaking is the open mic/coffeehouse we host every year to celebrate the publication of our literary magazine. This event is happening on Friday, June 6th. It is, undoubtedly, one of my favorite experiences of the school year. I will keep you posted.

Huge thank-yous to those of you who offered me feedback and/or moral support via this blog. I greatly appreciate your input. It is nice to know that we are all in this (teaching, thinking, life, etc.) together.

1 comment:

Dutch said...

Hello,
Samuel Shem, author of “House of God,” has written his latest novel, “The Spirit of the Place.” It’s available now and is considered Mr. Shem’s most ambitious work.
Please visit http://www.samuelshem.com for more information